Student Welfare at Heights College incorporates the oversight of the Pastoral Care Program for all students from Preparatory to Year 12. This is implemented collaboratively by the Student Welfare Personnel who include:
• Headmaster – Dr Darren Iselin, B.Teach., B.Ed., M.Ed., Ph.D., MACE.
• Pastoral Care Coordinator and Child Protection Officer– Mrs Kaye Head, T.Cert., B.A., B.Ed., Grad Dip Counselling, MACE.
• College Counsellor - Mrs Natalie Hislop-Esterhuysen, B. Prim. Ed., B. Ed. (Ed. Psych – Honours)., M. Ed. (Ed. Psych), MACE.
• Business Manager – Mr Benjamin Head, B.Bus.(Accounting), CPA.
• College Workplace Health and Safety Officer – Mr Bradley Wigginton, WHSO, RRTWC.
• Head of Primary School – Mr Ian Head, T. Cert., B.Ed., MACE.
• Head of Student Management & Administration and Child Protection Officer – Mr Russell Hudson, B.Teach. (Hons)., MACE
• Student Services Coordinator – Mr Kevin O’Callaghan, Dip.T., B.Ed., MACE.
• Pastoral Care teachers of all year levels
Issues regarding the welfare of students are regularly addressed at forums such as staff meetings, general assemblies, assemblies of sub-schools, individual year level meetings and in the classroom.
Strategies to cover such topics as child protection, bullying, sexual harassment, disasters, emergencies and traumatic events are specifically addressed with students and with staff.
Not only are students and staff consistently taken through relevant handbooks in which these issues are covered, but guest speakers are also involved in the education of students. Such visiting speakers are part of the wider community network which Heights College accesses in order to create a positive, affirming school culture. Initiatives, innovations and successes of our Student Welfare Program are due to strategic links among the following within our college:
• Christian Living Program
• Child Protection Policy
• Critical Incident Policy
• Anti-bullying Policy
• Sexual Harassment Policy
• Pastoral Care Strategies and Guidelines
• Behaviour Management Policy
• Student Handbook
• Staff Handbook
• Parent Handbook