Achievements and Awards
AWARDS PROGRAM FOR STUDENT EXCELLENCE
Heights College recognises the achievements of students throughout the year both in class and on full College assemblies.
The main awards presented are:
• Class Awards – Presented to students by classroom or pastoral care teachers for a particular achievement in their class.
• Gold Awards – These awards are presented to students by classroom or pastoral care teachers during the weekly assembly. They recognise a specific area of personal, spiritual or academic achievement by a student. Parents are invited to attend these presentations.
• Character, Leadership, Influence and Breakthrough Awards – These awards are presented as part of the Behaviour Management Program through the Primary and Secondary school as students demonstrate these capabilities over time.
Towards the end of each year we recognise and honour those students who have excelled in interschool and representative sport in the College at a formal sports awards ceremony. This includes students who have gained recognition in any sport and competed at local and/or state levels.
Arts Awards Night
Arts are celebrated all through the year with highlighted Assembly performances, external competitions and participation in community events. In Term 4, we also hold an Arts Award evening to recognise achievement in Music, Visual Arts and Drama.
Academic and Leadership Awards Ceremony
Heights College holds an Academic Awards Assembly each year in Term 4, where we celebrate the efforts of students who have excelled in character growth, servanthood, and cultural, sporting and academic abilities over the past year at a formal school presentation morning. The awards presented are listed below:
Primary Awards Program
• Daniel Award for excellence in sporting achievement.
• Eric Liddell Award for breaking an existing College sporting record.
• Nehemiah Award for excellence in serving the College community.
• Ruth Award for excellence in serving the class community.
• Bezalel Award for creative excellence.
• Joseph Award for excellence in developing Christ-like character.
• Solomon Award for excellence in academic achievement.
• Noah Award for excellence in persevering against difficulties.
• High Distinction students in University of New South Wales Competitions - English, Maths, Science, Writing, Spelling and Computer studies