Achievements and Awards
The Behaviour Management Policy at Heights College aims at recognising the demonstrated abilities and achievements of students. Whilst the College celebrates these at both an annual Sports Awards Ceremony and an annual Awards Ceremony, weekly assemblies are also used to publically acclaim students achievements.
Credit and Participation Certificates in ICAS English, Maths and Science competitions are presented at assemblies. Students in leadership positions are presented with a badge with the 'Year 12 Leadership Team' during a leadership induction assembly in February each year. College captains are announced at the annual Academic Awards held in Term 4.
Gold Awards are presented to students who consistently display Godly character, leadership, influence, often illustrated through a personal breakthrough in a students life.
Academic Awards: Presented at Awards Ceremony, include:
- Overall academic achiever (dux) in each year level
- Runner up academic achiever in each year level
- Subject award to highest achiever in each subject in each year level
- Outstanding academic achievement by indigenous student
- High Distinction and Distinction certificates for ICAS competitions, SUN programs
Sporting Awards: Presented at Sports Awards Ceremony, include
- Age champion male and female in each age group for swimming, cross country and athletics
- Perpetual trophy for winning sports house
- Overall sporting house perpetual trophy
- Australian representative honour board
- Each College team has MVP, most improved and coach's awards presented.
Character and Leadership Awards: Presented at Awards Ceremony include:
- Outstanding contribution to the College
- Caltex All rounder
- Leadership Award (peer elected)
- Heights College Award
- Honour Roll students
- Industry Awards
- College Captains